Saturday, January 8, 2011

Food for Thought

Saturday - January 8, 2011

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. "
Colossian's 3:12

Compassion - adj. - feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others
Kindness - n - the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate
Humility - n - a modest or low view of one's own importance; humbleness
Gentleness - n - the quality of being gentle, kind, or tender
Patience - n - the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset

I came across this verse while reading a novel by Amy Clipton. I have gone back to the page this verse was on several times just to reread it over and over again. It made me to start thinking . . . this is what I have tried to be like as I go through all that life has thrown my way. Some days it is really hard to be all that God wants me to be.

I just wanted to share this verse as "food for thought" for all who might read the blog.

1 comment:

  1. This is you to a tee! Everyone who knows you knows this. But I can't help myself with what Andy said to Barney, "I think you ought to get an award for humbleness!":):)

    ReplyDelete