Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ham & Cheese Quiche

Sunday - August 28, 2011


We had some special company this past week, and as I always do, I tried to fix something that didn't require me to be in the kitchen all day! :):) Since I figured they had already eaten breakfast, I opted to fix something that could be a brunch style meal! I try to keep all who eat at our table happy, which sometimes means I tend to overcook! :):)


When shopping for our company, I came across some really nice storage/measuring containers!! My plan was to have what I needed to prepare already to add to the dish!!! I came across the following containers! They hold the amounts of one cup to four cups, and have a lid to seal the ingredients. When not in use, the larger container will hold the smaller ones!!! Love these new little containers, and I see using these a lot in my future!!!







The recipe I chose was one I have used many times, especially when we had Sunrise Breakfast at church on Easter Morning. I would do the preparation the night before and then bake it "early" Sunday morning!!! It is easy and delicious. I got the recipe from one of my "Taste of Home" magazines years ago!!!!! It isn't that difficult to double or even triple the recipe - it all depends on the size of pan you use! I have included the recipe and pictures of the process I used!


Even though the recipe called for Swiss Cheese, I chose to use Mild and Sharp Cheddar!



Before adding the veggies and ham to the plate, I sauteed them for a couple of minutes.


The first layer - veggies - I used onions and red/green/orange/yellow sweet peppers . . .


. . . now the diced ham . . .


. . . added the crumbled bacon bits . . . .

. . . now it's time for the cheese :):) . . .


. . . . what made this dish even more special was the help of a special granddaughter . . .

(picture courtesy of her mother!)



. . . once the milk, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper have been blended, we poured it over the ingredients already layered in the quiche plate without stirring . . .




. . . and the final product after about 30/35 minutes of baking . . .



. . . what made the dish even more special was the help I received for my special little girl . . . Mammaw loves you Cora Ann!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment