Thursday, April 1, 2010

Taking Life as It Comes and Trusting!

Thursday-April 1, 2010

Taking life as it comes can be difficuly at times! In order to do this we must come to terms of reality - we do this by trusting God regardless! Conditions will never be perfect and waiting for them to be is not realistic. We must put our trust in God regardless! We don't need to waste our time in doubt - we must trust Him and obey Him!


Many things have been pressing into my thoughts this past week – actually they have surfaced to the top of my thoughts. I have not been able to sleep well and felt if I wrote these thoughts down it would help me to accept the things I cannot change! I have always been one who has tried to make all things good for all those I love – family and friends. But, there is a lot I cannot do to make that come true for them. Who do I think I am??? No, I really don’t think I can do it all, but I just try to do what I can to make everyone’s life as peaceful and smooth as possible. I do know who in charge and who helps guide us and helps us find the peace we all seek! Why as humans do we think we can take care of everything?

I have witnessed the power of prayer. God is the One is charge – always has been and always will be!!! I pray for God’s guidance every day, but there are times when my emotions just take over and I try to help! Patience is certainly not one of my strong points when it comes to getting a problem “fixed” for my loved ones! I pray that they all are well, happy, have what they need, and live the life God wants us all to live. HE is our Savior and the reason we will have everlasting life, without Him we would be nothing!

I have many concerns that involve my family – what family does not have concern – and have been praying for all! I know God has a plan, and I need to be patient and remember He knows best. Granted, some of the results may not be what we want, but He tries to help us if we will allow Him to. There is so much I continuously pray for while driving back and forth to Mom’s, laying in bed when I wake up, each morning, noon, night, and all times in between. I guess I think the more I pray the closer to the problems and worries will be resolved. They will be resolved on God’s time! So I pray that I will do what God wants me to do and accept the things I cannot change!

Even with all my concerns and worries, I have many things to be thankful for – Mom celebrating her 90th birthday; Cora celebrating her 1st birthday; the love of all my family; the understanding and support of Bill as I go back and forth to Mom’s; the joy and love I have for Dink and Mike as well as their family and John’s family too! I feel so blessed and should be on top of the world – and to a certain degree I am. I just would love to have everyone on top with me!!



This week a former pastor of ours lost his granddaughter at the age of 30. She had battled cancer for the last five years. When I read a journal she and her aunt were writing it made the tears flow. The pain and heartache she and her entire family were going through had to be heart wrenching for them. However, their faith held them strong as was evident in the journal entries. Yes, they questioned “why” this was happening, but accepted that it part of God’s plan. They all knew that when this precious daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, and friend did leave this world it was to be entering her heavenly home and into the arms of our Lord and Savior. She was an inspiration to many and that her belief was what helped her and her family. The pain is there because she is gone, but they know she has gone on to her reward in heaven.

It is hard to lose a loved one, but when we know they are a child of God’s and believe in Him and his Word, we know they are no longer in pain and are with their heavenly family and someday we will be able to be with them for a glorious reunion. Sometimes we have a chance to tell our loved one good-bye and that someday we will be together again. Other times we don’t get that opportunity. I truly believe that through prayers they know we love them and know that it was time for them to go Home to be with God! Knowing they are no longer in pain and have gone to heaven, it is still so hard not to hear their voice, see their smile, and listen to their laughter. I know this is selfish, but it is hard to let go.

This family is such a good Christian family – her grandfather and uncle are pastors; her mother is a music director at their home church; and the family sings beautifully together singing praises to God. This family is hurting but rejoicing at the same time. They know where their loved one is now, and she is no longer in pain. My prayers are with this family as they adjust to life without this precious young lady who believed in God with all her heart. She knew He had a plan and she accepted her part in His plan.
I am going to post a link for her journal. Be warned – it will cause tears to flow, but your heart will be joyous with the faith she and her family had/have!

loveyourguts is the journal kept by the brave young lady – Sarah Beth Napier
http://www.loveyourguts.com/

This post is not only written for Sarah Beth’s family, but for all who have gone through or are going through losing a loved one. It still hurts and saddens me when I think of Dad and John, but I know they are in a far better place and no longer in pain!

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment